Thursday, August 30, 2012

August Favorites 2012

It's time once again for my monthly favorites. Which wasn't hard for me to choose at all. Why? Well because all the items are from Urban Decay. So lets begin shall we?

  • Urban Decay/Build your own Palette-$18- This palette has space for 6 pans of your favorite Urban Decay shadows. Inside, Urban Decay has included a generously sized mirror, a travel-size Good Karma shadow brush, and Walk of Shame, a pinkie-peach matte shadow available exclusively in this palette. In my palette I have Walk of Shame, Free Love, Lost, Mildew, Roach and Secret Service. Of course all the other shadows are not included so you will have to shell out some dough for those. Each shadow is $18 in the new packaging and formulation.

  • Urban Decay/Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup-1oz-$38- This is a weightless and virtually invisible liquid foundation that creates a luminous, demi-matte finish on the skin. This has build able coverage which allows you to customize your look. Available in 18 shades. The finish is matte, never flat, and luminous, but not shiny. A little goes a long way with this foundation I only need a half a pump for my whole face (light coverage) and one pump for full coverage. In Mac I'm a NW20 so the color I was matched to was 3.5 which is a light shade- Beige with slight pink undertones. So far I have been happy with this foundation. I will try it a little longer then conduct a full review.

  • Urban Decay/Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush-$24- This brush was made to use with the Naked Skin Foundation, this brush picks up and distributes all formulations from liquid to cream to powder makeup better than a sponge. The “optical blurring” comes in when you buff out your makeup: instead of a streaky finish from using your fingers or a sponge, buffing helps out the light-diffusing particles in Naked Skin and seemingly fine lines disappear. It's blending ability makes it ideal for mature skin, as it creates a smooth, youthful-looking appearance. The medium sized brush is packed with dense hairs & it has a domed top that works well around the face, making it suitable for under the eye, around the nose, and around the brow area. I really love this brush a lot and it was a great investment. It works super with the UD foundation and with others as well. The brush is made of recycled aluminum, and has synthetic, cruelty-free brush hairs.Which are a plus in my book because they are super soft and don't scratch.

  • Urban Decay/24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in Paranoid-$19- This pencil is great. I have never tried their lip pencils before. I have tried and loved their eye pencils. So this was a first for me and boy it was a nice and creamy formulation without creating any feathering and stayed on for quite a long time. Paranoid is a deep pinkie nude which I was surprised it worked with me. I have kinda medium to darkish pink lips so when this color was recommend to me I was like whoa it's way to dark, but it really wasn't. I love to wear nude lip colors all the time and very rarely stray from those colors. So this liner keeps my lipstick from feathering it's not dry or flaky and holds it in place at least 4-6 hours. Which I find that amazing. On lazy days I will just only use this liner as my lip color and it still looks great on me. If you haven't tried any of their lip liners I would advise you to. You won't be disappointed.

  • Urban Decay/Super Curl Curling Mascara-$12- This is a sculpting, curling and long-wearing mascara. In addition to holding curl all day, this mascara boasts incredible conditioning ingredients in its formula. Packed with glycoprotein for lash thickening, Moringa seeds to help with curl definition, and Meadowfoam seed oil and Shea Butter for moisturizing and smoothing, lashes get an extra nourishing boost with just one swipe. I have very long pin straight lashes my lashes naturally face down. So no curl what so ever. I really have a hard time finding any mascara to hold a curl let alone make my lashes look nice. So usually I don't wear mascara for that reason. Whenever I get a makeover done I'm always complemented on my pretty long lashes. Then they proceed to apply a mascara formula that they hope will work. Well for the first few moments it does then poof! They go flat and back to straight. Even using a lash curler won't work. I've even tried heated ones and nope no dice. So when the MA at UD suggested this one I was like go ahead try it because nothing works. Well guess what to my amazement it did work and now this is my only go to mascara. So if you have lashes like mine and have tried almost everything to have them hold a curl even for a few hours then you must try this. I have the sample size of this mascara which was given to me from UD so I didn't have to buy a full-sized just yet. The full-sized is $20. I know you can get one of these sample ones on EBay for cheap just to try out and make sure you will like it. PS this mascara also doesn't flake, run or clump on me.

1 comment: