Saturday, June 16, 2012

June MyGlam Bag 2012

This months MyGlam theme is Out All Night. So in this bag came some great items. Now lets start with the bag it was cute and gold. So sparkly and nice. The only drawback is that the glitter comes off easily. Other than that what is in the bag is great.
Philosophy's Take a Deep Breath oil-free moisturizing oxygen gel cream moisturizer. Which is a new kind of moisturizer. This lightweight moisturizer detoxifies and helps protect for a healthy-looking glow. I have been trying this since I got my bag 4 days ago. I can say I really like it. I've been using this day and night. I like how it absorbs quickly into the skin. It really has a great fresh scent. I also wore this under my usual makeup and it didn't make it slide or melt off. Even in the hot heat of Texas. It really did its job. Unlike other moisturizers which even after hours on will melt at the sign of heat. I will be purchasing a full-sized jar when I'm done with this sample. This will be replacing my When hope is not enough moisturizer. Which is no longer made. Sample value $6.80
NYX Round Lipstick is another favorite of mine. I already own several of these. The color I got was Power which I was not too happy with. It is a weird mauve purplish shade. It made my lips look dead. I do however love their formulas. This lipstick has incredible color that resists wear and smudging. It claims to last all night with an amazing velvety smooth, mineral formula. Well as for long lasting it does stay on a while but, to me not as long as I think it should.  This was full-sized. Sample value $4.00
From Living Proof a generous sample of their Frizz Nourishing Styling Cream. This says it stops frizz in its tracks, keeping all styles frizz-free, soft and smooth. Living Proof's miracle molecule, OFPMA, conquers frizz by blocking humidity without silicone or heavy oils. Well I have tried this and WOW it does deliver. I used just a small amount on my hair after washing and it did the job. I have very fine straight hair and when I air dry it sometimes it goes poof. When I used this I had no frizz no fly aways. I will be purchasing the full-sized one as well. I have tried this brand before in the shampoo and conditioners a couple of years back. I didn't like then. It claimed to keep your hair cleaner longer. Which I wanted b/c I have to wash every other day due to oiliness. Well I didn't like it so I returned it. So to get another chance to try this brand again is nice. The sample they gave was so worth it. No foil packets or one time uses. This is a 2oz sample. Sample value $13
The last great item was from Marabella a Permanent Eyeliner Pen. Master the art of beautiful eyes with this unique waterproof, smudge free, and long lasting semi-permanent eyeliner pen. Now I have never heard of this brand before which is okay. The point sometimes is to get items from brands that are new and different. I never really wear liner in pen form usually gel ones or ones in a pot like Smashbox. I will give this a go. My only concern is that on the pen it says- Don't use with lenses. Now I do wear contacts so I'm wondering what that means. Should I not try it? I think I will and see what happens. It can't be that bad. Right? Anyway this is a full-sized sample which retails for $25 but, on several websites it's going for $10. Sample Value $10-25 depending where you get it.

So overall this bag is fantastic and valued at around $33.80 with the liner going for $10 instead of $25. Since that is the going price right now. I will say that I will stick with MyGlam.

No comments:

Post a Comment