Wednesday, May 9, 2012

May Gossip Girl Birchbox 2012

So where do I begin. I got my May Birchbox really fast this month. I just got an email saying it was shipped on Monday. Then when I went to get my mail yesterday it was there. Wow!
Well this months box was another themed box. Like March's Teen Vogue box. This one was from Gossip Girl. Well that's fine and dandy. I don't watch Gossip Girl no care to and I thought that this box would be awesome. Especially since it was themed and supposedly the items were picked out by the hair and makeup people on the show. Well nonetheless I was very disappointed in the box. I was expecting a lot more from them.

This box was themed Black Tie Ball. There were also other themed styles like Chic Sunday Brunch & Hampton's Beach Party. I'm not sure if there were others. Upon seeing many youtube videos almost 95% I saw got the Chic Sunday Brunch box. It was alright. I'll take the one I got any day to that one. The best one I thought was the Hampton's one.Well anyway lets get started.
First of all I got yet another perfume sample which I don't need. This stuff is so expensive a Full-sized bottle is $165 wow. It's by Arquiste the name is L'Etrog warm notes of citron, palm leaves, and myrtle combine in this transporting scent, inspired by the aromas of a medieval harvest festival in Calabria, Italy. Ok so unless you were there how would you know what a medieval harvest smells like. EWWW. The tiny sample size is worth about $???? I tried to figure it out but, oh well.

The next item is the Miracle Skin Transformer Body SPF 20 in Glow which I'm not thrilled with either. I'm familar with the one for the face HSN sells it. It have yet to try that one. I may try this on my face instead. It says, don't settle for anything but flawless skin- all over your body. This tinted treatment erases blemishes and scars on arms, legs, and decollete. Full-sized is $34. This deluxe sized sample is $6.76 give or take.

I was happy though to see that I got an Ojon product a nice deluxe size of their Volume advance Volumizing Shampoo. This is made with ultra nourishing Central American ojon oil, this weightless shampoo helps hair look and feel thicker. Full-sized is $22. This sample is $2.75 give or take.

I saved the best item in the box for last. Which was from Stila. A Full-sized Sparkle Waterproof liquid eye liner in Rock Candy which is a rich chocolate brown. Pearly shimmer meets intense pigment in this lasting liner. Better yet, the pen-like wand makes wiggle-free application a breeze. This retails for $22. 

For the lifestyle extra I got a notecard wow. These Birchbox notecards come in a set of 12 for $10. So this card is worth $1.20. Like I needed a card. They could have put in another awful perfume sample and I would I like that much better. What's weird is as of this posting it's sold out on there site. All in all the box was alright it was valued at about $32.71.
What was your thoughts on this box? If you have any questions or comments please leave them below. I will try to review the liner, shampoo, and Miracle skin transformer. Later when I have had time to test them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment