Friday, May 4, 2012

Lemonade Day is May 6th 2012


While going through some emails I spotted one from a local restaurant here Pappasito's Cantina. The restaurant is one of many local sponsors of Lemonade Day which benefit kids in Houston. So during April 30th thru May 6th when you purchase a lemonade at any of their restaurants. A portion of the proceeds go to Houston's Lemonade Day. Many other businesses throughout the greater Houston area are also participating.

Lemonade Day is a free, fun, experimental learning program that teaches children how to start, own and operate their own business using a lemonade stand as well as fundamental lessons about life, success and themselves. You get to make your own stand and signs you even get to make a free website to advertise your stand. Plus you get to share with the world in minutes at the lemonadeday.org site. You can also add your stand to the Houston map so everyone can find your business. I feel that this is a great teaching tool. Which kid hasn't had their own lemonade stand while growing up or purchased a cup of that refreshing beverage? I know I did.

I'm pretty sure this is a national effort as well. So if your want more information or want to donate or volunteer then just log on to www.lemonadeday.org or www.Houston.LemonadeDay.org.

So in the spirit of Lemonade Day 2012 I decided to do something fun and different.
So here is a lemonade drink, with two lemon slices and some clouds. Perfect weather for an ice-cold drink.
Here is a close up of my thumb nail. I just decided to make a whimsical lemon character. Since this is a program geared for children. I made the look of the nails to be cute and childlike.

 So if you are interested in what colors I used or have any questions please let me know. Or if you have any ideas or requests for future nail art creations. Please comment below. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment