Saturday, April 28, 2012

Smith's Rosebud Salve Review

In my April's Beauty Box Five I received a tin of Smith's Rosebud Salve. This salve supposedly does many things. A one stop cure all. On the front part of the package it says, A trade secret blend of essential oils (Aromol), cottonseed oil, in a special petrolatum base. Made in the USA. On the back it says, This is the original and only Rosebud Salve. Rosebud salve may be used as an all purpose skin preparation. Rosebud salve may help to relieve chapped lips and skin, diaper rash, blemishes, detergent burns, and rough cuticles and may soften rough hands.

So this I find interesting. I love how it says it may help. Not that it would help ( with a particular aliment). That it may help. Well for starters I've been trying this for my chapped lips and rough cuticles for over a week now. I wouldn't think to dare try it on diaper rash. I would think you would need a separate tin for that. I rarely get blemishes but, if I did I'm not sure how a heavily scented petrolatum base would help. It's like putting Vaseline on a pimple. I'm not sure it would help for that at all. As for detergent burns I don't think I've every had one so I can't say it will or will not work for that.

I will say that it will temporally help with chapped lips and I feel it works better on my cuticles more than anything else. This product does have a sticky feel and a very strong rose scent not to mention a rose tint as well. So if your not a fan of roses or the scent of roses. This will not be for you. When placed on your lips you do get overwhelmed a bit then it goes away. There is a tiny taste of rose if you happen to get in your mouth somehow. I still feel that for a lip product there are others out there that do a lot better. I'm so glad that I got this as a trial. I was going to purchase this at Sephora a while back but, changed my mind. I'm glad I did I would have been upset having spent $6.00 on this.

Also if you don't like roses they do have a Strawberry Lip Balm that's not a salve this is just for lips and it's $7. They also have Rosebud Salve in a tube for $6 if your not into putting your fingers in a tin. Lastly they have a Minted Rose Lip Balm that is in a tin as well for $7. So They have two other products for lips only. I may try the Strawberry one when I go to Sephora again. If I do I'll be sure to let you know how that works out. Have you tired this? If you did. Did you like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment